There is a scientific theory that believes light either travels in the form of waves or as particles. And last night, in the absence of both, you asked me if I had feelings for you. I couldn't tell you even if I knew but then you helped me understand it better. So, now I can explain. I like you. I've liked you from the start. There is light. My light melting into your light like auras and halos and starlight in fog. The question is, do I like you as a friend or in that strange, deluded, romantic, Bollywood way? Well, the light can be in either particles or waves. The particles like pixie dust settle on your unruly hair so that I can twine my fingers through it and brush it off. Particles like the dopamine and hormones bursting like fireworks in all the right parts of my body, each time you touch my skin, and particles like the stars I see when I close my eyes every time I kiss you. I guess, my light is particles sometimes. Light can also travel as waves, like the waves that rushed at my feet from the sea that you love, the grains of sand that sunk me into itself holding me steady the way my college best friend and anchor does. Waves like the light movement of your hand from outside a room to reassure me that I can handle life. Waves like the ripples that cause around your sunset smile when I do something goofy, and waves like your hand brushing a tear off my cheek because you're the only one with whom I now allow myself such vulnerability. I have waves for you too.
The theory is that light travels as either waves or particles, possibly both. There is light travelling, we can see that but we cannot, at any point be sure whether it is in waves or particles. I could have waves for you, my friend and I could have particles for you, my love but I am certain that I have light for you. Which is strange because you're the starlight in life.
The theory is that light travels as either waves or particles, possibly both. There is light travelling, we can see that but we cannot, at any point be sure whether it is in waves or particles. I could have waves for you, my friend and I could have particles for you, my love but I am certain that I have light for you. Which is strange because you're the starlight in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment