Sunday, 26 November 2017

Myopia

My glasses have been broken for a week. Since I have lately grown averse to lenses and my number isn't too high, I've been walking around feeling blind on campus. Myopia causes me to not be able to see a lot except whats right in front of me. I see blurred faces, most often not knowing who it is. I can make my friends out, but little else. Having broken up with the only boy I ever so intensely loved, I think its a good thing I cant see beyond whats immediately in front of me. If I think of anything further beyond from just tonight or tomorrow morning, I pretty much break down. What I see right in front of me are distractions -- work, meetings, new friends, alcohol. The weeks have been a blur. The lack of glasses, the sheer rapidness of time flying, the red, watery eyes after 4 pegs of whiskey, the weeks have been a blur. I'm glad my glasses are broken because if I could see things beyond what is immediately in front of me I'd break down.
I'd see upset, disappointed, curious faces. I'd see smirks and judgement or blind hatred. I'd see my failing grades with my failing liver and I'd see the falling out that are looming close. I'm glad my glasses are broken because if I could see things beyond what is immediately in front of me I'd break down.

No comments:

Post a Comment