In case you're simply too lazy to look it up, eleutheromania is an intense desire for freedom.
I suppose being, well human, all of us feel chained or obligated to listen to others when all we want to do is yell "Butt out!". Having grown up in a moderately conservative family, and being excessively, incongruently liberal myself, I face a conflict every day.
I created this blog simply to remind myself and others that restraints are only physical. Our parents and teachers and everyone else really, can only tell us what to do, what to wear, where to go, whom to meet, but there is no censor they can impose on our minds, thoughts, imagination and ambition.
To all like me, who live in perpetual wanderlust, who live vicariously, who live in their dreams, I just want to share the hope and the desires. In a community where we are forced to hide, suppressed and chained by constraints, situational or otherwise, I hope
I suppose being, well human, all of us feel chained or obligated to listen to others when all we want to do is yell "Butt out!". Having grown up in a moderately conservative family, and being excessively, incongruently liberal myself, I face a conflict every day.
I created this blog simply to remind myself and others that restraints are only physical. Our parents and teachers and everyone else really, can only tell us what to do, what to wear, where to go, whom to meet, but there is no censor they can impose on our minds, thoughts, imagination and ambition.
To all like me, who live in perpetual wanderlust, who live vicariously, who live in their dreams, I just want to share the hope and the desires. In a community where we are forced to hide, suppressed and chained by constraints, situational or otherwise, I hope
No comments:
Post a Comment