Saturday, 7 May 2016

Parents, I guess

This post is kind of like my Mother's Day present to a lot of women.

I was thinking about how parents fight, and screw up their kids more often than not. But the world is screwed up. And who is to say what's normal? I realised, that for every person I love, there's two other people I need to thank. So when I come to your house best friend, love of my life, amazing roommate, new college friends, high school forever friends, people I am lucky enough to be related to, I will go up to your parents, regardless of whether or not your relationship with them is good, I will go up to them and thank them for creating such an incredible human being. Love, whether you are made from their love or their neglect, their affection or their arguments, their environment, good or bad, it has created a lot of you. Their blood has fashioned your body and their presence, or lack thereof, your personality. And for every bit of that, I thank them. They gave me you, as you are, messed up or great, they gave me you and I am grateful because I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment