I'm not going to make it easier for you and just tell you what eleutheromania is so please look it up. This blog is for my selfish reasons- to get my creative juices flowing as I (mostly in vain) try to come up with something to write, and to remind myself that no matter how often I feel like my freedom is a fallacy, my freedom of expression isn't.
I am a narcissistic teenager, on the verge of becoming a rebel, defying every expectation and norm because I am an incongruent liberal in this city of thinly veiled hypocritical conservatives. I am currently trying to get into a good college, despite my lack of interest in academics because it seems like the only way I might get away from the ideology and ostentatious culture I have come to loathe.
All I want to do with my life is travel, eat and write. "I'm in love with places I've never been to and people I've never met." I am a voracious reader, a compulsive TV addict and I pretty much worship chocolate. I am obsessed with the idea of freedom because I have lived a thousand lives vicariously but now I just crave more. I am an adrenaline junkie, Eminem worshipper and just an average kid.
The only cage I need is the one around my heart. My reality is juxtaposed with my ambition and I'm breaking out of this glorious prison I have been taught to love. I have my roots and I love my anchor but its time to branch out and the wanderlust is overwhelming.
Alis volat propriis- 'she flies with her own wings'. I finally realized I don't need to become a Victoria Secret's Angel to earn my wings, which is a relief because I could never be that skinny. Now instead of ranting like an insomniac on a procrastination spree, I should bid adieu and start studying.
Words are my key out of this prison and I need to learn more than just that if I am to get into college. Goodnight, goodbye and dream- it's the best escape from reality.
I am a narcissistic teenager, on the verge of becoming a rebel, defying every expectation and norm because I am an incongruent liberal in this city of thinly veiled hypocritical conservatives. I am currently trying to get into a good college, despite my lack of interest in academics because it seems like the only way I might get away from the ideology and ostentatious culture I have come to loathe.
All I want to do with my life is travel, eat and write. "I'm in love with places I've never been to and people I've never met." I am a voracious reader, a compulsive TV addict and I pretty much worship chocolate. I am obsessed with the idea of freedom because I have lived a thousand lives vicariously but now I just crave more. I am an adrenaline junkie, Eminem worshipper and just an average kid.
The only cage I need is the one around my heart. My reality is juxtaposed with my ambition and I'm breaking out of this glorious prison I have been taught to love. I have my roots and I love my anchor but its time to branch out and the wanderlust is overwhelming.
Alis volat propriis- 'she flies with her own wings'. I finally realized I don't need to become a Victoria Secret's Angel to earn my wings, which is a relief because I could never be that skinny. Now instead of ranting like an insomniac on a procrastination spree, I should bid adieu and start studying.
Words are my key out of this prison and I need to learn more than just that if I am to get into college. Goodnight, goodbye and dream- it's the best escape from reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment