Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Time

Soo.. in a strangely tranquil mood, I became unusually philosophical though I do feel as if sitting in Math class for 4 hours straight might have had something to do with it.
   Studying the quantification of time and work, I realized time is the ultimate impeachment of freedom. Every life has a time limit, every test, every activity, every monument, every (rare) moment someone looks beautiful. As long as we are constrained in the unbreakable shackles of time, we are never truly free. However, we can be free in a moment, for a moment, for a while and in a while.
   Time gives us incentive. I've always been a 'right now' person. Everything I want is 'right now', everything I do is on impulse, everything I am is in the moment. The moment is free. This moment is free. Right now, no one is telling me what to do. For that fraction of a moment, I am not bound by material things. I am free in my mind, but for a millisecond. Given, I can't sneak off to Coachella and be back before the jiffy ends but that promise of tomorrow gives us something to live for.

  Time is the ultimate impeachment to freedom. But it is still the measure of all things universal. The time in which the earth rotates, the time it takes for a star to shoot across plants, the time it takes for an ant to cross the road, or for me with it. Time is everything. It is what makes us free.
  Strange ranting, I concur, but it is food for the marijuana-infused mind. Mine isn't, but I honestly think this is how people think when they are high. Maybe someday I'll find out. Maybe. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment