Sitting in Math class again, I started up with my musings mulling over an interesting conversation I recently had with a friend. According to her view, people spend their life trying to hide scars and blemishes from their body but they get tattooed which, to her, is like voluntary scarring.
Accepting her point of view with respect and an open mind, I couldn't help but wonder. However, after a few hours of wondering, my subconscious pointed out the most obvious flaw- A tattoo is not a scar, it is artwork.
To me, my tattoo will represent the freedom I long for every moment of every day. It will be a symbol of my defiance, a secret insignia of the rebellion that is so hidden, it hardly has a voice. I can never explain to anyone how much it means to me because they will never understand. But every time I look at it, I will know, and I will remember what I want, where I came from and who I am. For everyone, it is a permanent reminder of a time in their life. For me, I want it to be a recollection of the rare times I did what I wanted to do.
A tattoo is not a scar, it is a whim, it is a fancy, it is a phase, it is a hazy might in Bangkok, it is a reminder of a broken friendship or a lost love. It is a lot of things. it is not a scar.
Accepting her point of view with respect and an open mind, I couldn't help but wonder. However, after a few hours of wondering, my subconscious pointed out the most obvious flaw- A tattoo is not a scar, it is artwork.
To me, my tattoo will represent the freedom I long for every moment of every day. It will be a symbol of my defiance, a secret insignia of the rebellion that is so hidden, it hardly has a voice. I can never explain to anyone how much it means to me because they will never understand. But every time I look at it, I will know, and I will remember what I want, where I came from and who I am. For everyone, it is a permanent reminder of a time in their life. For me, I want it to be a recollection of the rare times I did what I wanted to do.
A tattoo is not a scar, it is a whim, it is a fancy, it is a phase, it is a hazy might in Bangkok, it is a reminder of a broken friendship or a lost love. It is a lot of things. it is not a scar.
No comments:
Post a Comment