Before you get overly intrigued, I am not writing a review of the Steve Jobs biopic.
In order to become independent, especially if you want to stop living indebted to your parents, under 'their house and their rules', you need to pick up the slack. The easiest way- get a job. So, here I am at 2:30 am skimming the net for Freelance Online Writing jobs. There are a whole bunch of websites that talk about further sites offering jobs. Thank God for those or I'd be lost right now.
What is more important that as the cocky teenager I am, I feel I have a pretty decent work ethic and a tolerable aptitude for words. I have felt since the age of 15 that I probably should have a job. Though, India being India, the only children who show the slightest bit of independence are the ones living in poverty. So as not to ruin my family's social standing, I ensure people do not mistake my independence as penury.
This ingenious idea of getting a job has been firmly planted in my head since the past few years, and having written for a children's newspaper for the better part of the past academic year, I feel it is fairly easy. However, looking at the competition and pay I can get for writing, I'm exhilarated and terrified. The real world is scary, mostly because of the self doubt that creeps in ridiculously unexpected.
Writing my blog has become easier now, since I have realized no one exactly cares about the crazy rants of a caged bird. I don't read blogs, so I actually expect this. However, if I am to make something of myself, I would really like to start now. I wish I had done it sooner but hell, it isn't too late. Now I resume my search for interesting, well paying jobs that maybe tone my ego down a little without completely crushing my self esteem. Wish me luck!
In order to become independent, especially if you want to stop living indebted to your parents, under 'their house and their rules', you need to pick up the slack. The easiest way- get a job. So, here I am at 2:30 am skimming the net for Freelance Online Writing jobs. There are a whole bunch of websites that talk about further sites offering jobs. Thank God for those or I'd be lost right now.
What is more important that as the cocky teenager I am, I feel I have a pretty decent work ethic and a tolerable aptitude for words. I have felt since the age of 15 that I probably should have a job. Though, India being India, the only children who show the slightest bit of independence are the ones living in poverty. So as not to ruin my family's social standing, I ensure people do not mistake my independence as penury.
This ingenious idea of getting a job has been firmly planted in my head since the past few years, and having written for a children's newspaper for the better part of the past academic year, I feel it is fairly easy. However, looking at the competition and pay I can get for writing, I'm exhilarated and terrified. The real world is scary, mostly because of the self doubt that creeps in ridiculously unexpected.
Writing my blog has become easier now, since I have realized no one exactly cares about the crazy rants of a caged bird. I don't read blogs, so I actually expect this. However, if I am to make something of myself, I would really like to start now. I wish I had done it sooner but hell, it isn't too late. Now I resume my search for interesting, well paying jobs that maybe tone my ego down a little without completely crushing my self esteem. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment